Ranked "#7 Among the Top 10 Courses in Washington" by Golf Digest (2007)
Known for its superb, year-round conditioning, Indian Summer Golf & Country Club is among the Northwest's premier, private golf clubs designed for the enjoyment of individuals and families alike. The Peter L. H. Thompson designed golf course is built to rigid, tournament-caliber specifications with magnificent, old-growth forest, and an abundance of water features. Voted "Best of Nike Tour" by players, the course is rated one of the top five toughest courses in the state of Washington. However, with six sets of tees, golfers of every skill level will have a challenging and enjoyable experience round after round.
A Winter Golf Reminder
This winter the turf maintenance staff will take several steps to protect the golf course. In an effort to minimize damage, cart traffic and maintenance practices will be carefully managed. Turf grows very slowly this time of year and injury from traffic accumulates through the winter months. In order to protect the golf course, the maintenance staff will use a variety of preventative tactics depending on conditions.
- Delaying play until the frost has lifted off the greens. Traffic on frosted greens can result in lasting damage.
- Limiting or completely restricting the use of golf carts when the course is saturated and unsafe due to wet and excessive slippery conditions.
- Using ropes to direct traffic away from popular entries and exits to spread wear. Ropes are also used to protect areas that would otherwise result in ruts from the cart tires.
- Restricting golf carts to the paths around greens and tees.
- Locating pins in areas that reduce overall traffic on and off the green.
- Communicating/explaining the potential damage that can occur during winter play.
- Closing the driving range during the winter months to allow for healing through the spring.
Please be sure to check in with the golf shop before playing golf, especially when the temperature is at or near freezing. It is also important to understand and that the usual conditions, presentation or setup may not be equivalent to the standard spring and summer conditions due to the limited use of our mowers during wet conditions. Thank you for your support in taking care of our golf course.
Rick and the Turf Maintenance Team